Position Title: Support Consultant
Location: Edinburgh (Leith)
GeoWise creates innovative software to simplify and enhance the management and presentation of geography and statistics in Rich Internet applications. Our award winning InstantAtlas software is widely used in the UK and abroad.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Support team due to expansion. The Support team participates in a wide range of activities including the delivery of pre- and post-sales support, customer support and software testing.
The successful candidate will work within the Support team to provide customer support mainly for our InstantAtlas Server product. They will be liaising with senior management and in contact with clients, mainly by phone and email.
- Deliver pre- and post-sales technical support for the InstantAtlas Server software
- Deliver consultancy including system installation, implementation and minor customisations
- Software testing following test plans
- Write software documentation
- Deliver training
To be eligible for this position you need:
- Degree or Masters in numerical or geographical discipline
- Experience using desktop GIS software such as ESRI or MapInfo
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Access
- Experience using any of SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL databases
- Strong communication skills
- Well organised and methodical approach
- Strong data manipulation and problem solving skills, ideally with some knowledge of applications for socio-economic statistics
- Able to produce detailed and accurate work
- Able to work as part of a team
- Experience of CSS/.NET/HTML advantageous
- Software testing experience advantageous
You must already be eligible to work in the UK for a period of at least 2 years Occasional travel, most likely in the UK, will be necessary. Benefits Salary will be dependent on candidate and level of experience in a range £18k-£23k. Other benefits include pension contribution after qualification period and 23 days holiday per year.
To apply Please send an email with your current CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th Feb 2010 For further information about the company please see http://www.instantatlas.com.
Position Title: UK (Graduate) Sales and Marketing Administrator
Start date: February 2010
Location: Edinburgh, UK
GeoWise (part of ESRI UK Holdings) creates innovative software to simplify and enhance the management and presentation of geography and statistics in Rich Internet Applications. Our award winning software InstantAtlas is used by data professionals and information analysts within the UK and International markets.
Due to expansion of our customer base and a drive to expand further into international markets, GeoWise requires a Sales and Marketing Assistant. Working closely with the Marketing Manager and the internal Marketing Group you will provide direct marketing support to the sales team across all marketing activities.
- Update and continued maintenance of company databases.
- Work with the Marketing Manager, in the development of marketing campaign plans, objectives, targets, budgets and result metrics.
- Provide support on GeoWise involvement at major conferences/exhibitions, working with regional marketing teams when necessary.
- Ensure appropriate awareness is raised – internally and externally – about participation in such events.
- Support Sales Team with campaign telemarketing efforts, such as call follow-up and campaign reporting.
- Support Marketing Manager in Online Marketing Communication Activities, such as Webcasting and Digital Media Creation.
To be eligible for this position you need:
- Experience in marketing software or technology solutions, Salesforce (Advantageous)
- Evidence of initiative and flair.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent personal organisation.
- Ability to understand technology.
- Degree-level education.
- Software Computing Skills – Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint] (Essential), Adobe Software Products (Advantageous)
- Communication and Team Working
- Attention to Detail
This role is particular suited to a new marketing graduate who is determined to progress their career by demonstrating their ability to drive sales through effective marketing and has a desire to develop product and brand marketing skills. Occasional travel, most likely in the UK, may be necessary.
Salary will be dependent on candidate and level of experience in a range £18k-£22k. Other benefits include pension cover after qualification period and 20 days holiday per year.
Please send an email with your current CV and covering letter attached to david carey > email@example.com by 6th Feb 2010
For further information about the GeoWise Limited please visit http://www.instantatlas.com.
Important Note | No Agencies Required.